Trend Micro offers attractive business security services called the Worry-Free ideal for small businesses who lack IT professionals and security specialists to look after the business’s network system.
It comes at $75.50 for a year, and you can protect up to two users. Yes, it’s a little pricey in the small-business oriented hosted endpoint protection sector, but it comes with an improved interface and protection.
This business security service offers support for both PC and mobile devices, including Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS devices. If you extra essential features like email protection, cloud storage, and MS Office 365 protection, go for Worry-Free advanced.
You can take advantage of the 30-day trial to test Trend Micro Worry-Free Business Security Services before making the final purchase decision.
Trend Micro Worry-Free Business Security Services Detailed Review
Pros & Cons
- For binary and scripted threats, the detection rate is quite good.
- The encryption management is native.
- Phishing detection is quite good.
- The device management is straightforward and straightforward.
- The detection of inactive threats is a little slow.
To block phishing, you need to install a browser add-on.
Installation and UI
These business security services have a web console which not only well-constructed but is also easy to learn. If you want to add devices, you can click on Add Devices under the Devices tab.
To install Worry-Free on other devices, you can immediately send them an instant link to download the installer file for multiple devices. After you register your devices, its name will be displayed on the dashboard.
If you’re an administrator, you can organize as well as manage the devices easily. At one glance, you can view vital information like device name, IP address, status, etc.
This business security service offers security features that can provide endpoint protection to Windows desktop and server installation, macOS workstations, and extended protection to both Android and iOS devices.
The features offered by Trend Micro Worry-Free Business Security Services are discussed below.
- Virus Scanner. It can scan files both before their execution and also during their run time. The detection capabilities include every malware, whether it’s file-less or cryptocurrency mining and even ransomware.
- Endpoint Security. It uses the integration of behavior, predictive, and runtime machine learning analysis techniques to protect endpoints. It even covers the Microsoft app’s known vulnerabilities.
- Ransomware protection. This solution uses the integration of web reputation, behavior monitoring, and other techniques to block ransomware attacks.
- Full-Disk Encryption. Along with full-disk encryption, it even offers you better control over the endpoints using both application and device controls.
- Protection for mobile devices. Trend Micro Worry-Free Business Security Services protects computers and offers real-time malware and privacy scanning features for mobile devices.
The Supported Platforms
Both the Standard and Advanced Business Security Services support most of the Windows edition desktop and server. For desktops running on Windows, it supports Windows XP SP3 up to latest Windows OS.
The Windows servers that are supported are Windows Server 2003 up to Windows Server 2012 R2 along with Windows Server Essentials, Storage, and Home Server. Trend Micro Worry-Free Business Security Services also supports macOS desktop and server products.
Virtual platforms such as Citrix XenApp, XenClient, XenServer, VMware ESX, MS Hyper-V, Server, Workstation, and remote desktop are also supported.
Protection & Performance
Trend Micro Worry-Free Business Security Services offers adequate protection against both malware and dangerous web threats. Back in 2018’s AV-Test, it successfully detected 100% of known and widespread threats.
Coming back to last year’s December scanning test, it managed to score a 99.2% detection rate for detecting zero-day threats with no false positives. From AV-Tests results, it was seen that Worry-Free had a 22% system slowdown rate.
Pricing & Licensing
The pricing is based upon the number of users. Both the Standard as well as Advanced Business Security Services are licensed on per-user basis. You can purchase the product from Trend Micro’s official website.
You also get a 30-day trial period to use the full version Trend Micro Worry-Free Business Security Services. For that, you need to register yourself first.
You can take the help of Trend Micro’s forum and online knowledge base website to get information regarding troubleshooting issues. You can also make use of Worry-Free 24×7 customer support either by contacting via email, phone, or online chat.
Trend Micro support engineer will be to help out with the business security services problems and issues.
Trend Micro Worry-Free Business Security Services may have some detection problems but it’s not a wrong product. Though it is set at more than average price tag, it does the job of protecting the system in extreme situations.
With this product and employee cyber security training, you can easily rest assured and be confident about protection against threats.