How to Resolve QuickBooks Error H303?
QuickBooks Error H303 generally appears when QuickBooks Company files need an additional configuration. The main reason for the occurrence of QB H303 Error is to access the company file that is located on another computer and the PC requires additional setup and installation.
In this blog, you will get to know the causes and the solutions to get rid of QuickBooks Error H303.
What are the causes of QuickBooks Error H303?
Below are the reasons “why QuickBooks Error Code H303 arises”
- If the communication process of the company files is blocked by the firewall.
- Damaged or wrong.ND file can cause an H303 error.
- The computer network is not proper.
- Because of incorrect hosting configuration settings.
- The accounting software is unable to acquire the company files that are hosted by the server or the IP address.
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error Code H303
Listed below are the troubleshooting solutions to resolve QuickBooks H303 error:
Solution 1: Download and Install QuickBooks File Doctor
Before using the QuickBooks file doctor, follows the steps written below:
- Make sure that you have installed QuickBooks on the server.
- Now, run QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Resolve the error related to QuickBooks Multi-User Hosting.
Solution 2: Check whether QuickBooks Settings are correct
- Firstly, open QuickBooks in multi-user mode.
- After that, choose the files on both computers, go to the Files > Utilities > Stop Hosting Multi-User Configuration.
- Select any of the computers and Turn on Hosting in it. For this, go to the Utilities > Host Multi-User Configuration.
- Lastly, you have to start QuickBooks again on both computers.
Solution 3: Change the location of QuickBooks Folder
- In the Hosting computer, make a new folder.
- Set and share the Windows access permissions so that, you can share the company files.
- Copy the .qbw file and paste it into the new folder.
- Access the company files in multi-user mode.
Solution 4: Reorganize firewall settings
- Go to the “Control Panel”.
- Select the firewall settings.
- Now, select Allow a Program through the firewall.
- In the exception list, select Add programs and Add QuickBooks 20xx.
- Restart QuickBooks to verify whether the changes have been done.