While using QuickBooks, you may encounter QuickBooks Error H101. The error is visible on the system screen when you try to switch between normal to multi-user mode. Besides, the error is visible under different circumstances. There can be many reasons for the occurrence of QuickBooks error HI01 such as incorrect file configuration, PC is unable to connect with the server, incoming/outgoing communication is blocked, and so on. Before reaching the troubleshooting solutions, let’s discuss the probable causes of QuickBooks error H101.
Table of Contents
Causes of QuickBooks Error H101
Here are the causes of QuickBooks Error H101:
- Your Personal computer is unable to connect with the Server.
- Right allocation of a file is not accessible from the server.
- The error H101 can also occur if QuickBooks firewall settings block access to company files.
- When your incoming and outgoing communication gets blocked.
- Damaged or incorrect file configuration.
- You are unable to access the File on the system.
- QuickBooks is not able to get the IP address of your system.
- The error appears on the screen when the file is located in none installed server.
Solutions for QuickBooks H101 Error
These are the solutions to troubleshoot QuickBooks H101 error:
Solution 1: Verify Hosting
- In the beginning, you need to open the QuickBooks software on every computer.
- After that, you have to select the file and then click on utilities.
- In case you see Host Multi-User Access on the list, you can go to the next PC. No need to make any changes in case you see Host Multi-User Access.
- You need to select the Stop Hosting Multi-User Access icon.
- Finally, you have to repeat the aforementioned steps in every system.
Solution 2: Verify QuickBooks Services
- To start with, you need to press the Windows Key button +R for opening the run box.
- Then after you need to type services.MSc and press Enter.
- You have to scroll down and in the services window, search for the QuickBooksDBXX service.
- Then after make sure the startup type is set to automatic and service status is running.
- Now, click on the recovery tab.
- Afterward, you need to click the drop-down menu for the first failure to choose to restart the Service.
- In case, if it fails, you are required to do the same for the Second failure and Subsequent failures.
- Save the changes by clicking ok.
- Then, you need to repeat steps from 1-6 for the QBCFMonitorService.
- Finally, you need to open QuickBooks on every affected workstation, in multi-user mode.
Solution 3: Create a New Folder For Your Company File
- Create a new folder and share it on the hosting computer.
- Set windows to get the entry for sharing company files.
- You have to copy the “.qbw file” to the new folder.
- At last, open company files in multi-user mode.
Solution 4: Run the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
The Quickbooks file doctor helps in detecting the error itself. Also, it successfully troubleshoots QuickBooks errors. You can download QB File Doctor on your system and once it is installed, you can run the program. This way the tool will complete the purpose of fixing error code H101.